Today we live in a world which is changing very fast. The technological innovations have really revolutionized the globe. A trend which has caught the market with Boom is that of Commerce. Today there are many young entrepreneurs who are starting their own online businesses and are making considerable profits as well.
There are many international companies as well which have adopted this E-commerce strategy and are famous all over the Globe. Names like Alibaba, Amazon.com and eBay top the list. However, the mere development of the website is not something which is necessary for the online business to prosper. Rather you need to manage the webpage as well if you want a stable traffic to visit your page.
Management of the E-commerce Platform
To manage the E-commerce platform you need to avail open source E-commerce solutions or software. There is no shortage of this software nowadays however just like any product or service, in the case of software as well you cannot simply pick one for yourself. Try to select the software which is famous and which can provide you with the necessary benefits.
To make things easier for you, we have discussed some of the best open source E-commerce solutions in the headings below.
Magento is a common name in the market nowadays and we are sure that you must be having some idea about it. The fact of the matter is that Magento is a highly popular name when it comes to eCommerce solutions.
As an open source utilizer, Magento provides you with all the tools that are required. Some key points of Magento are:
- The software allows you to prepare content and landing pages for your products. It also assists you in shipping management.
- Useful reports can be generated as well
- The working of Magento is based on add-ons. There are many options offered by Magento such as custom stock systems, sales tax integrations and customer chat integrations
- As a user, you can also purchase the pre-made themes for the general designing of your website.
The core of PrestaShop has been built on PHP which makes the software highly compatible with the majority of websites. PrestaShop falls into the category of open source solution and is highly popular all over the world.
- More than 1500 templates are offered by PrestaShop (500 are premium)
- PrestaShop is home to Add-ons allowing addition with Amazon Marketplace, Google Merchant Center and Stripe
- International stores are supported by PrestaShop within the single back end.
- PrestaShop is blessed with Reporting abilities such as the ability to forecast and intelligent merchant KPI feature
- Many useful built-in modules: Prestashop contact form module, social login Prestashop module, and many more!
3. Spree Commerce
The uniqueness of Spree Commerce lies in the fact that it is software which has been developed via ruby as opposed to PHP. If you are someone who like an idea about Ruby and who simply wants to shift from PHP then this is the software which you should be considering for yourself. Some key points related to Spree are as follows
- The coding of Spree Commerce has made it a lightweight system. The software runs very fast and can be very helpful in a situation where your host actually charges you for the activity which you undertake
- The software does not operate on the core-extension model. There are a few well-developed extensions when it comes to Spree however the good point is that most of these extensions are free of cost.
- The core functionality of Spree Commerce helps you in the management of products, shipping, orders and payments.
osCommerce is considered as one of the oldest software as far as Ecommerce is concerned. Naturally this means that osCommerce must be home to several add-ons. According to one stat, more than 7000 integrations are available for this software. We can summarize osCommerce in the points below
- All kind of third parties are entertained by osCommerce and the software gets easily integrated with these third parties. The integration takes place through Apps Marketplace.
- The software is relatively simple to use and is hence the best option for those who have just entered the E-commerce Industry
- A healthy user community is providing support to osCommerce
OpenCart is a kind of software that can be extended by you in order to fit your particular business needs. The software is famous for its sleek administrative dashboard. The basic system of the software is conducive for smaller stores however some modifications may be required in case of a large store. The major offerings of OpenCart are as follows
- OpenCart can be installed easily especially if you have a LAMP. The majority of service providers do not have any kind of issue with OpenCart.
- Free basic integrations are available related to the software. Similarly, add-ons can also be accessed via OpenCart marketplace
- A cloud version of the software is also very much their, however, it is not free of cost.
WooCommerce is basically an open source plugin which is highly effective for businesses which are operating on WordPress. The plugin helps in transforming a business site into a store. Some key offerings of WooCommerce are as follow
- WooCommerce does not require any serious customization
- An important feature of WooCommerce is the process of its one-page checkout. The process helps the customers as far as payment of the items which they purchase goes.
Make your move
As an Online Business Merchant, you can avail any of the above-mentioned E-commerce solutions. There are many others as well apart from these mentioned ones like PrestaShop etc. So rest assured; that the options for you are several out there.